Failure to Register
Failure to Register as a Sex Offender in California
You already suffer from the ignominy of having to register, and now the district attorney is after you again for failing to register. Perhaps you registered with the wrong law enforcement agency? Or the police are picking on you and making life difficult. Once again, the stakes are high as they are going to try and send you to prison. We can help.
In California, failure to register as a sex offender carries severe penalties, such as:
- Up to one year in jail if the original crime was a misdemeanor.
- Up to three years in prison if the original crime was a felony.
- Up to three years in prison if you are convicted a second time of failing to register as a sex offender.
- The possibility that it will count as a “strike” under California’s Three Strikes Law.
Remember that the police,and prosecutors are NOT on your side, but fortunately for you, defense attorney Chad Lewin and our team ARE on your side. With our help, you or your loved one will have every possible advantage in fighting the California criminal justice system, in protecting your future, and in getting your charges reduced or dropped.
We have thousands of case victories in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Ventura Counties. Our managing partner, attorney Chad Lewin, is a tenacious, experienced, winning defense lawyer who is respected tremendously by prosecutors and by California judges. Our courtroom relationships – built by THOUSANDS of victories in these courts on behalf of people like you – give you a huge advantage. And you need every advantage possible in the California criminal justice system when fighting charges of failing to register as a sex offender. Remember, you are fighting to protect your future and your freedom. We will take advantage of the law and use the best defense strategies possible to protect your innocence and your future! ALL of your rights will be protected, and we will NOT stop until we have secured your freedom and achieved the BEST possible outcome for you or your loved ones.
Examples of the defenses we may use in your case include:
- You do not live in California.
- You only travel to California in order to work.
- You were not aware of your obligation to register as a sex offender.
- Your failure to register was not willful.
- You registered with the correct police department.
- You registered but your registration was not correctly processed.
- You were falsely accused by a biased officer.
Contact a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney at (800) 458-1488
Remember, do NOT speak to police, investigators, or detectives about your case. Anything you tell them CAN be used against you in a court of law. Prosecutors WILL NOT BE LENIENT with you because you’re “being nice.” It doesn’t work that way. If you’ve been charged with failure to register as a sex offender in California, time is of the essence! Every minute you wait matters, so call Los Angeles sex crime defense attorney Chad Lewin at Lewin Law Group immediately for a FREE, CONFIDENTIAL consultation at (800) 458-1488. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you or your loved ones.