Murder – Penal Code 187
Los Angeles Murder Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been arrested or faces murder charges in Los Angeles, the next move you make can literally mean the difference between freedom and prison for life. It can mean the difference between being able to live life on your terms and living under the watchful eye of prison guards. The harsh reality is, it can mean the difference between being able to watch your children grow up and forcing your children to visit you on death row.
In California, a murder conviction carries severe penalties, such as:
- For first degree murder, 25 years to life in prison.
- For capital murder, the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- For second degree murder, 15 years to life in state prison or longer if you have a previous murder conviction, if you shot a gun out of a vehicle, or if the victim is a peace officer.
- One strike under California’s Three Strikes Law.
- Additional prison time if a gun was used.
- Additional prison time if the murder was gang-related.
- A fine of up to $10,000.
The police and prosecutor are not on your side, but fortunately for you, defense attorney Chad Lewin and our team ARE on your side. With our help, you or your loved one will have every possible advantage in fighting the California criminal justice system, in protecting your future, and in getting your murder charges reduced or winning at trial.
We have thousands of case victories in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Ventura Counties. Our managing partner, attorney Chad Lewin, is a tenacious, experienced, winning defense lawyer who is respected tremendously by prosecutors and by California judges. Our courtroom relationships – built by THOUSANDS of victories in these courts on behalf of people like you – give you a huge advantage. And you need every advantage possible when fighting murder charges in the California criminal justice system. Remember, you are fighting to protect your future.
We will take advantage of the law and use the best defense strategies possible to protect you and your future! ALL of your rights will be protected, and we will NOT stop until we have secured your freedom and achieved the BEST possible outcome for you or your loved ones.
Examples of the defenses we may use in your murder case include:
- You killed in self-defense.
- The killing was accidental.
- A plea of insanity.
- The police improperly administered the Miranda warning.
- The police coerced your confession.
- The police searched for or seized evidence illegally.
- The police arrested the wrong person.
- The eyewitness account is unreliable.
Without the most aggressive, experienced, winning Los Angeles defense lawyer fighting for you, your conviction could result in the end of your life – literally and figuratively.
Often times, we can stop police investigations before you EVER get charged with a crime. (If you have NOT been formally charged, but you are being accused and/or investigated, read more about how we get involved with pre-file investigations.) Remember, do NOT speak to police, investigators, or detectives about your case. Anything you tell them CAN be used against you in a court of law. Prosecutors WILL NOT BE LENIENT with you because you’re “being nice.” It doesn’t work that way.
If you’ve been charged with murder in California, time is of the essence! Every minute you wait matters, so call Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Chad Lewin at Lewin Law Group immediately for a FREE, CONFIDENTIAL consultation at (800) 458-1488. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you or your loved ones.